GERARDO SAN DIEGO
CSU Long Beach, Industrial Design B.Sc.
Offsite availability, flexible schedule including weekends.
Internet consultant, specializing in coordinating, developing and implementing digital assets to create an optimized visual narrative.
As a project lead or working collaboratively with a team under a supervisor, ability to self-regulate time, resources, and creativity to deliver concrete solutions at every milestone to assure completion before each specified date.
Multidisciplinary approach to telling a story, including storyboards, wireframes, website creation, graphic design, corporate branding, and technical, editorial, and creative writing. Utilize social media for viral campaigns, including blogging, infographics, and listserv.
Fluent at creating protocols for the handling and classification of incoming content from various sources, implementing changes while archiving older content.
WHY I’M UNIQUE
I combine the technical knowledge of a web developer with the creative skills of an artist and writer, along with the industry knowledge of a tech salesperson. I am able to see every project from multiple points of view.
- Rapid visualization and prototyping for websites and supportive online promotional campaigns.
- Hierarchical and strategic placement of web content to optimize search engine rankings.
- Researching, writing and editing content for ease of understanding and visitor enjoyment.
- Preproduction A/B testing from initial sketches through wireframe development and final design, with an emphasis on target demographics and white hat search engine optimization.
- Researching competition, identifying areas of strong vs. weak market saturation.
- Maximizing budget by implementing social media and viral campaigns to target untapped areas with high demand.
- Logo, collateral material, and website design, including typeface and color testing, marketing slogans, and advertising verbiage to coincide with an Internet presence.
- Produce creative solutions while adhering to company’s established style guidelines and maintaining visual consistency.
- Strategy consulting and implementation using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Google+
- Research, write and proofread medical and educational content since 1997, including acute and chronic diseases and treatments, patient guides, physician biographies, education personnel testing material, and infographic text for California higher education programs.
- Assisted in writing marketing pieces, including print brochures, posters, event invitations for hospitals and individual practices.
- Typing speed: 99WPM
- Multi-tiered search engine optimization for different audiences, including general public, niche demographic, regional (GEO-SEO), and business-to-business.
- Use Google Analytics in conjunction with manual, non-cookie searches through search engines including Google, Bing, Ask, Lycos, and Duckduckgo to get objective popularity data.
- Dreamweaver: 2003-present
- Photoshop: 1995-present
- MS Office: 1990-present
- CorelDraw: 1990-present
- Visio: 1997-present
- WS FTP Pro: 1994-present
- iMovie: 2000-present
- Atomz search: 2008-present
- Acrobat Pro: 2000-present
- GarageBand: 2000-present
- Google Analytics: 2011-present
- Google+: 2012-present
- Google Docs: 2013-present
- Windows 7 PC, Mac Mini, Samsung Galaxy S7, iPad
Social Media – Admin
- WordPress: 2008-present
- Blogger: 2003-2008
- Mailchimp: 2012-present
- Facebook: 2011-present
- Twitter: 2013-present
- YouTube: 2011-present
Social Media – User
- Facebook: 2008-present
- Reddit: 2010-present
- MySpace: 2005-2008
- YouTube: 2008-present
- Twitter: 2011-present
- Google+: 2012-present
Keck USC Department of Surgery Website, 2009-present
Working directly with surgeons and administrators, created architecture for a 2000-page site, including 15 divisional subsites. Researched, wrote and proofread text content, created and edited photos, diagrams, and illustrations, and promoted the site through SEO and social media, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. As of February 2014, the site annually receives more than 2 million page views from more than 1.1 million unique visitors, and has increased traffic by 25% every year.
Team of Advocates for Special Kids (TASK), 2006-2009
Logo/identity branding, web design, marketing, print/promotional material design, online video production. Maintenance duties include website updates, editing/converting web and print graphics, and acting as liaison with printers during production of promotional items. Other duties include marketing strategies consulting, search engine optimization, and implementing web, including creation of Facebook fan page.
Kay Aesthetic Dermatology, 2008-2010
Web development and front end architecture, research, writing and proofreading, video editing and conversion, web marketing and search engine optimization.
Web design and front end architecture, book design, print/promotional material design, marketing and search engine strategies, cartoons and illustrations.
OTHER SITES THAT I’VE WORKED ON AS UI/UX AND DEVELOPER:
- USC Cardiothoracic Surgery
- USC Liver Cancer Center
- File 501c3
- Compassionate Cuisine archive
- Schoolguides.org 2009 archive
- Enhance America archive
- SPARC Online archive
- VSR Logistics archive
- ITV Metrics archive
- AB1802 Clearinghouse archive
EDUCATION & WORK
CSU Long Beach, Industrial Design Bachelor of Science – 1993
- Strengths: Methodology, rapid visualization, creative & narrative writing.
Freelancer, Galindo Realty, Downey, California – 1993-1995
- Created & administered Excel spreadsheets for company-wide use.
- Completed coursework and passed real estate agent written examination.
Freelancer, 3D Industrial Design, Marina Del Rey, California – 1994-1998
- 2D and 3D quick mockups, user interface studies, orthographic machine drawings.
- Branding and marketing consultant, internet strategist.
Interknight – 1997-present
- Freelance consulting, website design and corporate branding for small- and medium-sized businesses.
Partner, C2 Design – 2003-present
- Freelance web and print graphic design, corporate branding, SEO and social media promotion.
HOBBIES & INTERESTS
Straight ahead jazz, philosophy, vintage tank watches, Dzogchen buddhism, Dodgers and Lakers,
enjoying the outdoors when I’m not in front of the computer, kind people.